What can I do during the Open Enrollment Period?
Some of the options that you can take during this seven-week window include the ability to:
- Change your Medicare coverage to a different plan
- Enroll in additional plans such as Medicare Part D
- Change your coverage from Medicare Original to Medicare Advantage, and vice versa
- Change your current Medicare Part D plan to a different plan
What steps should I take during Open Enrollment?
According to CNBC, 71% of Medicare beneficiaries do not take advantage of the Open Enrollment period to review their current plan and explore new options. Failing to review options could prevent you from saving money and having a suitable plan when you need it most.
Whether you are sure you need a new plan or not, it is essential to take the following steps to stay on track:
- Consider your current benefits and spendings, and your needs in 2022. How will they change? Do you need more coverage or is it time to drop a plan?
- Review prescription plans. Medicare offers a variety of prescription plans (Part D).
- Explore plans and options through Medicare’s website.
- Speak with an insurance expert. Agencies like the team at I & E Insurance have the resources and knowledge to help you stay on track and find the best coverage for your needs.
How do I Enroll/Switch My Plan?
You’ve researched plans and are ready to make the switch. Now what?
The most important step to take is to contact your insurance provider during Open Enrollment. You will need to apply for coverage of your new plan. As soon as your new plan starts, your previous one will end.
It’s always recommended to work through a trusted insurance agency such as I & E Insurance. We’ll guide you through the process, answer any questions you may have, and help ensure that your transition from one plan to another is smooth and simple.
Want to take advantage of the Open Enrollment period to explore options and change plans? Give us a call today at (732) 295-5584 to schedule your appointment. We look forward to assisting you!